[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #624: Replace Cactus complex number implementation with C/C++ standard implementation

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Mon Feb 25 11:46:34 CST 2013

#624: Replace Cactus complex number implementation with C/C++ standard
implementation
  Reporter:  eschnett     |       Owner:
      Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  review
 Component:  Cactus       |     Version:
Resolution:               |    Keywords:

Comment (by rhaas):

 Causal reading of the patch made me find nothing terribly suspicious. Two
 questions: (a) won't disabling LocalReduce break all tests that use it (ie
 all PUGH based tests doing reduction) (b) since we make assumptions about
 the layout in memory of structure members (essentially that struct {double
 ; double} has the same layout as double[2]), do we know what happens if
 CCTK_REAL is float (instead of double), one selects aggressive structure
 member alignment options (eg in the intel compiler) and is on eg. a 64bit
 machine where doubles and pointers need to be aligned on 64bit boundaries?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/624#comment:2>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>