[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1591: Simfactory: add -Wall and '-warn all' options to warning flags for intel compilers

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Thu Apr 24 07:44:57 CDT 2014

#1591: Simfactory: add -Wall and '-warn all' options to warning flags for intel
compilers
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bmundim     |       Owner:  eschnett
     Type:  defect      |      Status:  new
 If you add the flag '-warn all' to F77_WARN_FLAGS and F90_WARN_FLAGS the
 compiler catches a subtle error (compiler error #8284) related to
 subroutine and function calls in Fortran:

 {{{
 https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/342615
 https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2009/03/31/doctor-fortran-in-ive-
 come-here-for-an-argument
 }}}

 Currently grhydro won't compile if we turn on that flag. I suggest to
 update all configurations in simfactory using intel compilers with the
 flag mentioned above and fix any issue related to this bug on the ET
 thorns. Any thoughts on my
 proposal?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1591>