[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1591: Simfactory: add -Wall and '-warn all' options to warning flags for intel compilers

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Thu Apr 24 14:21:31 CDT 2014

#1591: Simfactory: add -Wall and '-warn all' options to warning flags for intel
compilers
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  bmundim     |       Owner:  eschnett
      Type:  defect      |      Status:  new
 Component:  SimFactory  |     Version:  development version
Resolution:              |    Keywords:
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------

Comment (by eschnett):

 I am not aware of an actual problem that this standard violation causes.
 (Having looked at the ABI and calling conventions, i.e. how the arguments
 are passed in machine code, I believe that our current code is currently
 safe on all the architectures we currently use, even if we violate the
 Fortran standard.) In saying this, I assume that this is about passing
 straight scalar, and not using interfaces to pass allocatable variables,
 pointers, optional arguments, etc. Please correct me if this assumption is
 wrong.

 I thus suggest to release as-is, and to add the warning flags after the
 release, correcting the code then.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1591#comment:1>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>