[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1591: Simfactory: add -Wall and '-warn all' options to warning flags for intel compilers

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Sun May 4 17:55:55 CDT 2014

#1591: Simfactory: add -Wall and '-warn all' options to warning flags for intel
compilers
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  bmundim     |       Owner:  eschnett
      Type:  defect      |      Status:  new
 Component:  SimFactory  |     Version:  development version
Resolution:              |    Keywords:
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------

Comment (by rhaas):

 I did not quite follow the discussion but would like to. Bruno, would you
 mind to paste one of the actual error messages, please? Making a half-
 blind guess, are the errors occuring in connection with EOS calls where we
 actually declare the calls to take arrays as arguments but then often just
 pass a single scalar? I agree that this is in violation of the Fortran
 standard, so far it has not caused problems and since it is quite
 cumbersome to fix it everywhere it occurs so far we have not bothered. I'd
 also be very surprised if there actually is a Fortran compiler out there
 that passes a scalar A and a array A differently since  basically all
 existing C interface code assumes that both are passed as a simple
 pointer.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1591#comment:5>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>