[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1518: Parameter parser and CCTK_ParameterSet interpret leading zeros in numbers differently

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Tue Nov 11 03:36:19 CST 2014

#1518: Parameter parser and CCTK_ParameterSet interpret leading zeros in numbers
differently
  Reporter:  rhaas   |       Owner:  sbrandt
      Type:  defect  |      Status:  review
 Component:  Cactus  |     Version:  development version
Resolution:          |    Keywords:  postrelease

Comment (by hinder):

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_regression:

 > A software regression is a software bug which makes a feature stop
 functioning as intended after a certain event

 In this case, it used to work, and now it doesn't.  We have "regression
 tests" to catch regressions, but the word "regression" is not limited to
 whether the code is tested.  If we know that something has broken in this
 release that worked before, then yes, it needs to be mentioned in the
 release notes.  We should put the word "regression" into the ticket
 keywords when a ticket is associated with a regression so that we can
 search for them when writing the release notes.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1518#comment:19>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>