[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1704: redirect stdout and stderr of all processes if requested (also of the root process)

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Sun Nov 23 07:31:17 CST 2014

#1704: redirect stdout and stderr of all processes if requested (also of the root
process)
  Reporter:  knarf        |       Owner:
      Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  reopened
 Component:  Cactus       |     Version:  development version
Resolution:               |    Keywords:

Comment (by rhaas):

 If Cactus indeed only uses freopen to redirect stdout and stderr, then
 there may already be an issue with redirecting output from Fortran's WRITE
 statement which has not reason to use the C stdout and stderr streams I
 think (maybe new Fortran versions say newer than 2003 may do that. Would
 you know, Peter?).

 In the case that Fortran code is not required to use stdout and stderr
 (but instead uses file ids 1 and 2) we can instead use the dup2 call in
 unistd.h (and fileno to get the file id of the redirection file from
 fopen).

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1704#comment:7>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>