[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1845: remove fortran compiler option -m128bit-long-double from general option lists

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Wed Dec 9 08:43:29 CST 2015

#1845: remove fortran compiler option -m128bit-long-double from general option
lists
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  knarf       |       Owner:
      Type:  defect      |      Status:  reopened
 Component:  SimFactory  |     Version:  development version
Resolution:              |    Keywords:
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Changes (by rhaas):

  * status:  reviewed_ok => reopened

Comment:

 So the question would be if we an detect at configure time what a "long
 double" looks like and then make fortran use the same type for CCTK_REAL16
 (no matter whether this is 10, 12 or 16 bytes). I don't think we need to
 make sure that a CCTK_REAL16 actually occupies 16 bytes, just that it is
 "better" than CCTK_REAL8 and is the same in both C/C++ and Fortran code.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1845#comment:4>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>