[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1955: Multipole: Add possibility to have out_dir distinct from regular IO:out_dir, but default to the old behavior

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Tue Aug 30 15:21:32 CDT 2016

#1955: Multipole: Add possibility to have out_dir distinct from regular
IO:out_dir, but default to the old behavior
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
  Reporter:  knarf                  |       Owner:
      Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  reviewed_ok
 Component:  EinsteinToolkit thorn  |     Version:  development version
Resolution:                         |    Keywords:
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------

Comment (by knarf):

 True about 'git log'. The history would be a little better visible in a
 GUI layout, which is what I prefer to look at non-linear git histories.

 I'll look into CCTK_VError.

 Concerning branch: I created the branch to make the code 'public', visible
 for a review, and easily accessible using git. Of course, such a branch
 isn't meant for 'end users', but developers. I could have forked the repo
 for the same purpose. Branch vs. fork for a feature request is mostly a
 taste choice. Since I can create branches on the original repository I
 prefer that over a fork which a reviewer would have to add manually for a
 review, and which I would have to remove after it was merged. Someone
 without write access would fork instead. Of course, there is also those
 that advocate to use both a fork and then a new branch within that...

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1955#comment:8>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>