[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1864: Cactus build fails on file systems that do not update timestamps all the time

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Mon Mar 21 08:39:48 CDT 2016

#1864: Cactus build fails on file systems that do not update timestamps all the
time
  Reporter:  rhaas   |       Owner:
      Type:  defect  |      Status:  review
 Component:  Cactus  |     Version:  development version
Resolution:          |    Keywords:  backport

Comment (by knarf):

 I agree that having a workaround would be nice, and the little overhead
 (not the pause, but creating a new file instead of changing an existing
 file) should not hurt.

 However, I suggest you contact the admins of the machines where this
 happens. BeeGFS seems to (at least by default) properly support
 modification times, and NFSv4 can be configured to do so, too (don't know
 what the default is there). Usually, problems with modification/creation
 times usually come from machines with unsyncronized clocks between clients
 and file servers, e.g., http://www.beegfs.com/wiki/FAQ.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1864#comment:4>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>