[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1864: Cactus build fails on file systems that do not update timestamps all the time

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Tue Mar 22 08:12:43 CDT 2016

#1864: Cactus build fails on file systems that do not update timestamps all the
time
  Reporter:  rhaas   |       Owner:
      Type:  defect  |      Status:  review
 Component:  Cactus  |     Version:  development version
Resolution:          |    Keywords:  backport

Comment (by rhaas):

 The machine in question is the new cluster being purchased by the AEI.
 Please note that we are not talking about the file modification time being
 incorrect. Instead it simply is not modified at all unless some data is
 actually written to the file. I can reproduce this on at least two BeeGFS
 installations one of which should be using "default" options.

 I would still prefer if we change our make system such that it works under
 non-ideal situations. Usually I dislike assuming that our script operate
 in a perfect world and much prefer if they assume as little as possible
 about the environment they run in.

 Unless vetoed I will apply the patch in
 https://bitbucket.org/cactuscode/cactus/pull-requests/22/cactus-restore-
 echo-to-create-makechecked/diff on Wednesday.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1864#comment:5>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>