[ET Trac] #2570: update enlcosed tarball in MPI ExternalLibrary to OpenMPI 4.0.6

Roland Haas trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Wed Sep 29 09:51:26 CDT 2021

#2570: update enlcosed tarball in MPI ExternalLibrary to OpenMPI 4.0.6

 Reporter: Roland Haas
Component:

This is actually three changes.

* first to update the enclosed tarball to version 4.0.6 which is the latest version available in the still supported 4.0.X series of releases. I am not updating to 4.1.X since that version introduces a new library orte-npir or so that is not correctly reported as required by `mpicc -showme:link` so leads to link time failures for static linking. Older versions fail on clusters with UCX >= 1.7 since UCT changed the ABI and compiling fails.
* second, add required options to LIBS and CFLAGS, LDFLAGS to ensure all libraries required for hwloc \(eg udev\) are correctly linked in to avoid configure time failures in when OpenMPI's configure tries to check if hwloc is functinal
* thridly add pthread to the list of "Linux" libraries since OpenMPI's IO subsystem can use it and linking fails whithout. I am not using an option dependency on ExternalLibraries/PTHREAD because the depenency is in fact not option and happens even when ExternalLibraries/PTHREAD is not linked in.

‌

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2570/update-enlcosed-tarball-in-mpi