[ET Trac] #2626: Multipole is not OpenMP parallelized

Gabriele Bozzola trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Mon Aug 8 10:55:39 CDT 2022

#2626: Multipole is not OpenMP parallelized

 Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Component:

Comment (by Gabriele Bozzola):

It turns out that the problem cannot be solved with one single pragma. It is still very easy to sprinkle pragmas in the for loops in the integrators. I did that in

[https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/einsteinanalysis/pull-requests/19/multipole-add-openmp-parallelization](https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/einsteinanalysis/pull-requests/19/multipole-add-openmp-parallelization)

All the test still pass.

I used the new code to run the next checkpoint in one of my BBH simulations and I found that approximately 50 % less time is spent in the multipole thorn when using 4 threads.

‌

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2626/multipole-is-not-openmp-parallelized