[ET Trac] #2577: CactusTutorial.ipynb contains code only suitable or tutorial server

Gabriele Bozzola trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Thu Jan 20 12:33:37 CST 2022

#2577: CactusTutorial.ipynb contains code only suitable or tutorial server

 Reporter: Roland Haas
Component: EinsteinToolkit Virtual Machine

Comment (by Gabriele Bozzola):

Having worked a little bit on it to add kuibit, I think that the tutorial should not try to target both the tutorial server and users' machines. To enable this, the notebook comes with plenty of code that is distracting and make things more complicated that they could be. What we could do is have the ipynb for the tutorial server, and export a variation of it as html for general use, where we clarify that the various paths are example and one can customize them \(like most “traditional” tutorials\).

‌

‌

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2577/cactustutorialipynb-contains-code-only