[ET Trac] #2070: shallow checkouts do not work with branches

Roland Haas trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Mon Jan 24 15:49:47 CST 2022

#2070: shallow checkouts do not work with branches

 Reporter: Roland Haas
Component: GetComponents

Comment (by Roland Haas):

Hackathon task. Easy if we can assume git >= 1.7 on all clusters \(it’s from 2010, [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Git#Releases](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Git#Releases)\). Namely, take my \(faulty\) commit that removes the current branch logic \(which is fragile\) and replace by a `git clone -b "foo"` is branch “foo” is requested.
This may also have the effect of fixing #2580 since there will no longer be a reference to “master” as the default branch in the repo.

‌

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2070/shallow-checkouts-do-not-work-with