[ET Trac] #2604: Simbuilding problem on macOS Monterey

Roland Haas trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Thu Jun 23 10:51:58 CDT 2022

#2604: Simbuilding problem on macOS Monterey

 Reporter: Lorenzo Bertassi
Component: SimFactory

Comment (by Roland Haas):

If you are using a x86 Mac, then no, it should not be related to Monterey. I tested compiling and running the ET on Monterey for an x86 Mac using both Homebrew and Macports using the instructions in the tutorial and things worked ok for me \(last test was 2022-04-25\).

Note that I start from a freshly installed system, so if you have other packages installed they may interfere. Having _both_ macports and homebrew installed at the same time can also cause trouble I assume.

If you know how to set these up I would suggest giving it a try in a freshly in stalled macOS VM. This one [https://github.com/myspaghetti/macos-virtualbox](https://github.com/myspaghetti/macos-virtualbox) should probably work \(it has been a while since I used VirtualBox, currently I use VMWare for which my university has a license\).

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2604/simbuilding-problem-on-macos-monterey