[ET Trac] #2642: Toolkit Fails to Compile on Sawtooth (Idaho National Lab)

Roland Haas trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Wed Sep 21 22:47:45 CDT 2022

#2642: Toolkit Fails to Compile on Sawtooth (Idaho National Lab)

 Reporter: Leonardo Werneck
Component:

Comment (by Roland Haas):

This is the sympton caused by using an outdated stdc\+\+ template [library. In](http://library.In) you fix you are basically re-introducing the compatibility hacks \(more or less\) that we have just removed from Cactus. A better fix for the compilation failure is to make sure that icpc uses a new enough g\+\+ \(and its STL library\) by passing a `-gxx-name` option and the path to a new enough g\+\+.

If on the other hand you really want an isnan that persists even when -Ofast is used \(though you are defeating the Ofast purpose in that case and with Ofast there just may not be any NaN produce in a consitent way to begin with\) you could use your change. But it addresses a different issue than the compilation failure I think.

‌

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2642/toolkit-fails-to-compile-on-sawtooth-idaho