[ET Trac] #2644: NaNs in ADMBASE metric components with RNSID

Davide Guerra trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Thu Sep 22 04:17:13 CDT 2022

#2644: NaNs in ADMBASE metric components with RNSID

 Reporter: Davide Guerra
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn

I  have found a problem related to a parfile that I am attaching here. I used the same parfile with the version of ET 2019\_10 “Mayer” having no problems at all, and the latest version of ET having the problem with the presence of NaNs in the ADMBASE:gij where ij are all the components of g. It happens after creating the initial data with HYDRO\_RNSID which I checked to be the same between this latest simulation and the previous one with the old version of ET.

Therefore, I attach here the parfile, the .out and the .err files that I used. They refers to the model D2 written in Table I studied by Luca Baiotti et al in the paper “[Accurate simulations of the dynamical bar-mode instability in full General Relativity](https://arxiv.org/pdf/astro-ph/0609473.pdf)”

Thank you in advance.

‌

Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2644/nans-in-admbase-metric-components-with