[ET Trac] #2753: Add CarpetX thorns to Einstein Toolkit manifest

Samuel Cupp trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Tue Aug 29 20:44:51 CDT 2023

#2753: Add CarpetX thorns to Einstein Toolkit manifest

 Reporter: Erik Schnetter
Component: Other

Comment (by Samuel Cupp):

Sorry for not responding to this promptly. I do not have a complete list of machines that people are currently using. However, I know for sure people are using Deep Bayou, the INL machines, and Falcon. It looks like Falcon has gcc 12, which I believe has all of the '17 standard. Can you confirm what version of gcc is the minimum for CarpetX currently?

I don’t know what machines the RIT group is using, but it sounded like several of their machines probably don’t have access to C\+\+17 \(or anything beyond like 2011…\).

I agree with Roland that it would likely be untenable to require C\+\+17 by default to compile the toolkit.

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2753/add-carpetx-thorns-to-einstein-toolkit