[ET Trac] #2770: make ADIOS2 compile on macOS

Roland Haas trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Mon Feb 12 10:53:41 CST 2024

#2770: make ADIOS2 compile on macOS

 Reporter: Roland Haas
Component:

Comment (by Roland Haas):

This is fixed in ADIOS 2.9.2 so will not need to be fixed in master anymore.

This should be backported to the release though.
So there’s two options:

1\. apply the patch here to the release version \(2023\_11\) only
2\. bump the release’s included tar file to 2.9.2 which fixes the issue but brings in other changes as well

In SGRID #2771 I applied the patch to the release even after master received a fix to the tar file \(deeming the changes in the tar file to be more extensive than a minimal fix desired for the backport\). By the same argument one would apply the patch here, but the patch here is less “nice” and changes files that I doubt are actually used on macOS \(being in directories named “windows”\).

Comments?

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2770/make-adios2-compile-on-macos