[Users] [Developers] Test suit results

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Apr 13 20:15:52 CDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 07:59:37PM -0400, Roland Haas wrote:
> Test suites which I can make run:

Great! Thanks!

> Test suites which I could not make run (successfully):

> -    ADMConstraints_Mask in ADMConstraints
> -    ADMConstraints_Physical in ADMConstraints
> -    ADMConstraints_Shift in ADMConstraints
> -    test_ADM in ADMConstraints

They are all in ADMConstraints which IMHO has a very limited lifetime
itself anyway, for production at least. We could probably run them
including ADM, make sure they pass and include another testsuite using
McLachlan. I would use this procedure for all teststuites which only
fail because of ADM missing.

> -    checkpoint2 in AHFinderDirect
> - needs LegoExcision

LegoExcision will be part of the ET. I am not sure if it is generally
available from the AEI, the relevant URL is

https://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/Excision/LegoExcision/trunk/

> -    Kerr-Cartoon in AHFinderDirect
> - needs Cartoon2D

Cartoon will also be part of the ET. It currently still in the
Cactus BetaThorns.

> -    de_Sitter in Exact
> - runs with ML+MoL but produces completely different results in
> - eg. the lapse (which is set by Exact)
>       (AEIThorns/Exact/test/de_Sitter.par)
>       Missing:  ADM_BSSN

As far as I know ADM_BSSN is in AEI_Archive. It is probably time to
archive this testsuite as well and replace it with the corresponding
McLachlan version.
It would be interesting to know if the testsuites which (only) need
BSSN_MoL pass if that thorn is included. Can you please test that as
well?

> -    bam in TwoPunctures
> - needs bam_elliptic
>       (AEIThorns/TwoPunctures/test/bam.par)
>       Missing:  BAM_ELLIPTIC

I wouldn't just remove this and there is no real way to make it work
publicly, so we may just have to accept that this doesn't run within the
ET.

>       Missing:  CARPETMASK

This thorn is included in the ET thornlist. Maybe it got added after you
build your configuration?

Frank