[Users] [Developers] Test suit results

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Wed Apr 14 11:19:12 CDT 2010

Hello all,

> It would be interesting to know if the testsuites which (only) need
> BSSN_MoL pass if that thorn is included. Can you please test that as
> well?
Well I have gone ahead and added all the thorns that I could lay my
hands on to the executable (still missing are a *thorn* ADM_BSSN,
InterpToArray [in AEIDevelopment],BAM_ELLIPTIC, IDLINEARWAVES, NOISE,
NORM, TATELLIPTIC, TAT*). These prevent

     GaugeWave-type0.01-rho1 in BSSN_MoL
       (GaugeWave, variant 0.01, with 50 points)
       Missing:  IDLINEARWAVES NOISE NORMS

     de_Sitter in Exact
       (AEIThorns/Exact/test/de_Sitter.par)
       Missing:  ADM_BSSN

     bam in TwoPunctures
       (AEIThorns/TwoPunctures/test/bam.par)
       Missing:  BAM_ELLIPTIC

     idpuncture in TwoPunctures
       (AEIThorns/TwoPunctures/test/idpuncture.par)
       Missing:  IDPUNCTURE TATELLIPTIC TATJACOBI TATMG TATPETSC

     test_legoexcision in LegoExcision
       (LegoExcision with AHFinder on schwarzschild BH)
       Missing:  ADM_BSSN

     outer-buffers in Carpet
       (Carpet/Carpet/test/outer-buffers.par)
       Missing:  INTERPTOARRAY

     waveinterp-1p in CarpetInterp
       (Carpet/CarpetInterp/test/waveinterp-1p.par)
       Missing:  INTERPTOARRAY

     waveinterp-2p in CarpetInterp
       (Carpet/CarpetInterp/test/waveinterp-2p.par)
       Missing:  INTERPTOARRAY

With the new thorns some tests work (62 out of 101 runnable, 39 failed).
The ones that failed are:

     test_axibrill (from IDAxiBrillBH)
     test_axibrill_nostagger (from IDAxiBrillBH)
     test_ADM_2 (from ADM)
     schw-0050 (from Cartoon2D)
     test_cartoon_2 (from Cartoon2D)
     test_cartoon_3 (from Cartoon2D)
     onestep (from BSSN_MoL)
     test_BSSN_MoL_Carpet_1_onelevel (from BSSN_MoL)
     test_BSSN_MoL_Carpet_1_threelevel (from BSSN_MoL)
     test_BSSN_MoL_Carpet_1_twolevel (from BSSN_MoL)
     timerefinement (from BSSN_MoL)
     checkpoint (from AHFinderDirect)
     checkpoint2 (from AHFinderDirect)
     Kerr-definition-expansion-product (from AHFinderDirect)
     Kerr-modification-radius2 (from AHFinderDirect)
     Kerr-selection-areal-radius-definition-expansion-product (from
AHFinderDirect)
     recover (from AHFinderDirect)
     recover2 (from AHFinderDirect)
     test_ah (from Dissipation)
     test_ob (from Dissipation)
     KS-tilted (from Exact)
     Schwarzschild_EF (from Exact)
     Kerr-rotating-180-staggered (from RotatingSymmetry180)
     Kerr-rotating-180 (from RotatingSymmetry180)
     Kerr-staggered (from RotatingSymmetry180)
     Kerr (from RotatingSymmetry180)
     Kerr-rotating-90-staggered (from RotatingSymmetry90)
     Kerr-rotating-90 (from RotatingSymmetry90)
     qlm-bl (from QuasiLocalMeasures)
     qlm-ks-boosted (from QuasiLocalMeasures)
     qlm-ks-shifted (from QuasiLocalMeasures)
     qlm-ks-tilted (from QuasiLocalMeasures)
     qlm-ks (from QuasiLocalMeasures)
     qlm-minkowski (from QuasiLocalMeasures)
     whisky_test_tov_ppm (from Whisky)
     whisky_test_tov_ppm_no_trp (from Whisky)
     test_BSSN_MoL_Carpet (from CarpetRegrid)
     test_BSSN_MoL_Carpet_keep (from CarpetRegrid)
     test_BSSN_MoL_Carpet (from CarpetRegrid2)

test_axibrill fails with a level 0 warnng:

WARNING level 0 in thorn IDAxiBrillBH processor 0 host
phys44230.physics.gatech.edu
   (line 317 of shmgp.F77):
   -> Trying to find out whether this line is reached

so I assume this was never used...

the Cartoon tests run but fail

AHFinderDirect still fails presumable for the same reason Eloisa in
investigating

KS-Tilted needs thorns "CoordBase and CartGrid3D" to work (test fails in
  146 out of 253 files once it runs).

Schwarzschild_EF fails in 105 of 112 files

all RotatingSymmetry tests run and produce files but do not compare.

the QuasiLocalMeasures still run but fails as in the first time I tried.

whisky_test_tov_ppm and whisky_test_tov_ppm_no_trp differ in one file
each (using BSSN_MoL)

the CarpetRegrid ones using BSSN_MoL run but fail in 37 out of 56 files
(each)

I have no idea how to fix the ones using BSSN_MoL given that I have
never used it since it is a private thorn of AEI :-)

I have attached the enlarged thornlist should anyone from LSU/AEI who
uses BSSN_MoL want to look into this.