[Users] test suite data files commits to svn

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Mon Apr 19 02:43:53 CDT 2010

On 19 Apr 2010, at 05:21, Baiotti Luca wrote:

> Hi Bruno,
>
> the idea of the testsuites is to have reliable data (corresponding
> to a given
> parfile) to compare with, when one wants to check that the code
> works , e.g., on a
> new machine or that a change in the source code has not introduced
> unwanted
> behaviour. So the data are a fundamental part of the testsuites.

While I completely agree with what Luca said, I would like to echo
Bruno's concern that some of the test suite data is very large. Since
it is only designed for regression testing, there is no reason I can
see to have such large data files.  There is either a regression or
there isn't, and once you have found that it is present, you can then
do more detailed runs with more output to locate it.  You shouldn't
need a large amount of output.