[Users] Helping with moving thorns

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Apr 19 10:57:32 CDT 2010

As you probably saw on the Cactus Users' mailing list, we are moving
certain thorns between repositories today, and we are switching the
Cactus repositories from cvs to svn.  While the thorns themselves
(with a few exceptions) should not change at all, this change will
require testing, and you can help us:

- Wait for Frank's email that things are ready for testing
	- Frank will describe the new repository structure

- Test checking out and building from new thorn locations
	- both anonymous and read/write access
	- test this for many architectures (both workstations and the big
LONI/TeraGrid systems)
- Look over CactusCode and EinsteinToolkit web sites
	- update download instructions and all thorn lists
	- use GetComponents instead of GetCactus
	- look at Utilities as well

- Run test suites, compare output before and after
- Begin running a few production simulations as well

If you are helping, please keep in touch via frequent emails to the
public mailing lists.

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/