[Users] Fwd: test suite data files commits to svn

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Apr 19 09:27:02 CDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 07:48:41AM -0400, Roland Haas wrote:
> If the concern is only to keep the commit emails small, then one could
> set the mime-type property of the files to binary before they are
> committed (see

I would not set the mime type to something a file isn't. If a file is
ASCII, it is ASCII. Don't pretend it is binary.
The commit message diffs should be limited to a certain size. That is
easy to do (where I could I did that myself), and I have a ticket open
to limit it where I didn't have permissions to do this. I believe that
this is the right way.

Frank