[Users] HydroBase description

Aaryn Tonita atonita at aei.mpg.de
Tue Apr 27 06:06:49 CDT 2010

Actually, the units of "Whisky" is a myth I have been trying to dispel from
some of the people at the AEI for a while now. In the hydro equations, the
only place that a mass scale enters is through the equation of state. So
HydroBase will work with any choice of mass unit (defined through the
equation of state) so long as G=c=1 is used consistently. I have run quite
successfully using polytropic units and kilometres.

As for the ideal magnetohydrodynamic equations, Whisky_Exp chooses
div(Faraday) = 4-current without any constant of nature, so this is
equivalent to choosing the permeability of free space (\mu_0) to be unity.
However, this would not be defined by HydroBase unless HydroBase sets the
stress energy tensor.

Cheers,

Aaryn