[Users] New thorn NoMPI

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Dec 3 11:21:02 CST 2010

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Ian Hinder <ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de> wrote:

> Wouldn't it make more sense for NoMPI to provide the usual mpi.h header so that authors of thorns which call MPI don't need to know anything about the particular implementation they are using?

Yes, this is my long-term goal. At the moment, only a subset of MPI is
supported, and to avoid confusion I've made it explicit whether a
thorn requires full MPI or this substitute. (Also, to prevent
confusion between which mpi.h file is included, I would probably call
it cctk_mpi.h.)

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/