[Users] Meeting minutes

Christian D. Ott cott at tapir.caltech.edu
Mon Dec 6 10:45:50 CST 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 11:40:54AM -0500, Roland Haas wrote:

> - GRHydro coordination
>   * merge polytype and general evolution into one set of routines (have to
> measure performance impact). Should we include con2prim_polytype in this?

I used to be a great advocate for this -- however, I have recently realized
that it is crucial to be able to run in polytropic mode in order to compare
polytropic and gamma-law results that in smooth test problems should yield
identical results. Hence, I vote for keeping the special poly routines.

 - Christian