[Users] Meeting minutes

Christian D. Ott cott at tapir.caltech.edu
Mon Dec 6 11:00:58 CST 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 10:53:45AM -0600, Frank Loeffler wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 08:45:50AM -0800, Christian D. Ott wrote:
> > I used to be a great advocate for this -- however, I have recently realized
> > that it is crucial to be able to run in polytropic mode in order to compare
> > polytropic and gamma-law results that in smooth test problems should yield
> > identical results. Hence, I vote for keeping the special poly routines.
>
> Do you need the special routines for this, or would be suffice to
> let the EOS handle to compute e.g. eps and press from rho alone, instead
> of really evolving eps?

in principle, we don't, that's right. However, the poly con2prim routine
is used as a fallback when the general con2prim fails. So we would at least
want to keep this one. (Also note that that there is a naming issue with the
source code files for HLLE; I'll fix this today. Don't remove the _poly file.).

 - Christian