[Users] simfactory: adding new machine?

Bernard Kelly bernard.j.kelly at nasa.gov
Wed Jul 28 19:08:14 CDT 2010

Thanks Bruno, Frank.

I actually read & followed the EinsteinToolkit documentation you pointed
to, but it omitted the very first part:

  $mdb::machine_database{'discover'} = $udb_generic;

Perhaps this could be added to that page?

Bernard

On 7/28/10 4:03 PM, Bruno Coutinho Mundim wrote:
> Bernard Kelly wrote:
>
>> What's the proper method for adding a new machine?
>>
> As Frank just mentioned, you set at udb.pm (that you copy from the
> udb.example.pm template):
>
>     $mdb::machine_database{'discover'} = $udb_generic;
>
> Now you need to add the several different options regarding that
> machine. You use then the set_option command there.
>
> There is a short text at the end of
>
> http://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Tutorial_for_New_Users
>
> showing how to modify the options for a particular user on Ranger.
> You may use it as a model when setting it up for your machine.
>

> Do I actually have to
>
>> add to the "mdb.pm" file?
>>
> No. You can look there for examples on how the options are set for
> several different machines. It is a database file that could be very
> helpful.
>
> Cheers... Bruno.

Bernard J. Kelly

NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Code 663
8800 Greenbelt Road
Greenbelt, MD 20771, U.S.A.

phone: +1 (301) 286-7243