[Users] prim2con in HydroBase_Prim2ConInitial

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Thu Jul 29 11:32:06 CDT 2010

Hi,

GRHydro currently does not convert the primitive variables the ID thorns
populate to the conserved quantities. However, since poststep is now
scheduled also for initial data, it converts the conserved quantities to
the primivite ones before evolution. This means ID thorns have to setup
the conserved quantities to make this work. Currently e.g. TOVSolver
does this, but it really should not.

HydroBase defines a group HydroBase_Prim2ConInitial exactly for this
purpose: to have any evolution thorn scheduling prim2con routines it
might need to use ID given in only primary variables defined in
HydroBase. GRHydro does not schedule anything there.

I suggest to schedule the corresponding GRHydro prim2con routines in
this group. I tried this and all testsuites still pass - but ID thorns
no longer have to specify the conserved quantities anymore.

Are there objections?

Frank