[Users] path expansion in git/darcs/hg repositories

Eric Seidel eric at eseidel.org
Wed Jun 9 11:37:08 CDT 2010

> No, the example (and code that I have, but not in the Einstein Toolkit)
> is for SoundSpeed and Bremsstrahlung being full git repositories which
> are both located in a Scotch folder (an arrangement of thorns that work
> with Whisky). With the current hard-coded assumtions on the directory
> layout of git/darcs/hg repositories I think I need the ../$2 in
> REPO_PATH. Since both SoundSpeed and Bremsstrahlung are full
> repositories I would also need $2 in the URL. I am not sure if having two
> $2 is confusing, both refer to the second part of the CHECKOUT item.
> Having $2 in the URL would allow users to avoid having to replicate the
> whole TARGET..CHECKOUT stanza for each git repository that is part of
> the arrangement.

I see. I went ahead and removed the restriction to svn on $[12] expansion inside URL. Your case should work now.

On another note, I just implemented a --status option for GetComponents. It outputs a list of changes that would be made to individual files by running GetComponents, using the status commands for cvs, svn, etc. Hopefully it will help people remember commits they may need to make in other areas of the source tree. Please let me know if you have any comments or issues with it.

Eric