[Users] Changes to Multipole

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Sat Jun 12 08:44:43 CDT 2010

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 03:07:37PM +0200, Ian Hinder wrote:
> I would like to clean up some aspects of the
> API now before the release.  If there are no objections, I will make
> these changes so that they can be tested as part of the release process.

As far as I can see (please correct me if I am wrong), Multipole currently
neither has own testsuites, nor is it used by another testsuite in the
ET. This is bad, because it means that the thorn is probably not very
well tested. On the other hand, it also means that there are not less
reasons not to change something with this thorn.

I am in favor of the changes you suggest, especially because it is a
cleanup of the API which means less changes between this and the next
release, and the thorn is not that old in general as well.

I would however strongly suggest to include a few, but at least one,
testsuite as well. We are on a tight schedule with the testing and will
fully start testing on Monday. Do you think you could have this cleanup
finished by then? We really would need to have those changes included in
the testing if they should be included in the release.

Frank