[Users] Kranc/McLachlan incompatibility

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Jun 22 09:26:20 CDT 2010

On Jun 22, 2010, at 8:18 , Ian Hinder wrote:

> On 21 Jun 2010, at 18:26, Erik Schnetter wrote:
>
>> The current version of Kranc cannot digest the current version of McLachlan.  The problem is with enforcing the trace A constraint, where the variable At_ij is both read and written -- Kranc does not emit the statement that reads the local variable from the grid function.
>>
>> The enclosed patch corrects this.  It is somewhat lengthy and not entirely elegant:
>
> I would rather not commit such a patch, especially as I thought that the code to do this had already been implemented.  It's possible that the code was reverted somehow in a later commit.  Can you check back to
>
> 	http://github.com/ianhinder/Kranc/commit/f88dacd7e55e94c64a6cd103c81f9bccdb99601a
>
> and see if that version of Kranc works for you?

How do I "check back" to this version?  What git command do I use for this?  I tried

	git checkout f88dacd7e55e94c64a6cd103c81f9bccdb99601a

but this doesn't work because this "reference is not a tree".  When I

	git clone http://github.com/ianhinder/Kranc/commit/f88dacd7e55e94c64a6cd103c81f9bccdb99601a

then the error is that the "remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref".

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/