[Users] Kranc/McLachlan incompatibility

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Tue Jun 22 11:56:35 CDT 2010

On 22 Jun 2010, at 10:26, Erik Schnetter wrote:

> On Jun 22, 2010, at 8:18 , Ian Hinder wrote:
>
>> On 21 Jun 2010, at 18:26, Erik Schnetter wrote:
>>
>>> The current version of Kranc cannot digest the current version of
>>> McLachlan.  The problem is with enforcing the trace A constraint,
>>> where the variable At_ij is both read and written -- Kranc does
>>> not emit the statement that reads the local variable from the grid
>>> function.
>>>
>>> The enclosed patch corrects this.  It is somewhat lengthy and not
>>> entirely elegant:
>>
>> I would rather not commit such a patch, especially as I thought
>> that the code to do this had already been implemented.  It's
>> possible that the code was reverted somehow in a later commit.  Can
>> you check back to
>>
>> 	http://github.com/ianhinder/Kranc/commit/f88dacd7e55e94c64a6cd103c81f9bccdb99601a
>>
>> and see if that version of Kranc works for you?
>

> How do I "check back" to this version?  What git command do I use
> for this?  I tried
>
> 	git checkout f88dacd7e55e94c64a6cd103c81f9bccdb99601a
>
> but this doesn't work because this "reference is not a tree".  When I
>
> 	git clone http://github.com/ianhinder/Kranc/commit/f88dacd7e55e94c64a6cd103c81f9bccdb99601a
>
> then the error is that the "remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref".

In the repository directory (take a backup first - there are ways to
do this safely with local branches, but this is the simplest to
explain),

	git reset --hard f88dacd7e55e94c64a6cd103c81f9bccdb99601a

This will reset the current HEAD to that commit.  The "--hard" deletes
any local changes, so check you don't have any that you don't want to
lose.

ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de