[Users] Patch for TwoPunctures

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Thu May 13 10:32:53 CDT 2010

Hello Barry, all,

Thank you for the patch.

> 1) When the bare masses are not given as parameters (give_bare_mass=no),
> they are calculated at double precision, but the par_m_plus and
> par_m_minus parameters are then only set at single precision.
>
> 2) When the bare masses have been calculated, they are printed to
> stdout. In some cases, the initial guess for the bare mass is printed
> rather than the final calculated bare mass.
The patch looks good to me. I would likely remove the explicit cast to
(double) in the assignment to new_mass since new_mass is CCTK_REAL as
are *mp and *mm. The casts to (double) in sprintf and CCTK_VInfo seem
like a cautious thing to do in case CCTK_REAL is ever "long double",
(since floats are always promoted to double for vararg functions).