[Users] Cannot update QuasiLocalMeasures

Barry Wardell barry.wardell at aei.mpg.de
Mon May 31 04:18:27 CDT 2010

On 31/05/2010 04:48, Erik Schnetter wrote:
> This is from home.  I think it works fine from LSU.  Could IT support
> reproduce the problem?  If not, they probably won't be able to solve
> it...
I am also experiencing this problem from the AEI. I am able to checkout
the repository but can't do a cvs update, cvs diff or cvs status.
Attached is a dump of the network packets when I tried to run cvs
status. This is in the standard pcap format. You can see that the cvs
client is sending the request:

BEGIN AUTH REQUEST./numrel.cvs_anon.Ay=0=.END AUTH REQUEST.

and is not getting a response from the server. So, either the server is
not responding to this request or the LSU firewall is blocking the
packets for computers outside the LSU network. Is this any help in
narrowing down the problem?

Regards,
Barry