[Users] making kranc scripts available with (and consistent with) EinsteinToolkit

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Wed Nov 3 14:21:45 CDT 2010

On 3 Nov 2010, at 17:15, Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF
MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] wrote:

> We've had a bit of trouble working with the official ET-2010-06
> release; specifically in trying to use Kranc to generate higher-
> order McLachlan code.
>
> Just grabbing the current release of kranc from github (git://
> github.com/ianhinder/Kranc.git) gives us an up-to-date version that
> doesn't work with the ET release code (for instance, it refers to
> GenericFD functions that don't exist in the ET release).
>
> Is there an "official" release of Kranc that goes with ET-2010-06?
> If so, can it be added to the einsteintoolkit.th?

You don't need to check out Kranc separately - it is checked out with
the ET when you use GetComponents.  You should be able to check out
the ET, go into the repos/McLachlan/m directory, and type "make" to
rebuild all the McLachlan thorns.  Does this not work for you?

If you for some reason want to get Kranc separately, you should check
out the ET_2010_06 branch in the Kranc repository, which is the one
associated with that release of the ET.

ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de