[Users] GetComponents Patch

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Wed Nov 3 14:26:01 CDT 2010

On 3 Nov 2010, at 18:57, Frank Loeffler wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 01:49:45PM -0400, Eric Seidel wrote:
>> Also, since you mentioned the release, would this be a good time to
>> complete GetComponents' transition to
>> GitHub? I haven't been pushing it since I have gotten quite busy
>> with schoolwork.
>
> I seem to remember some issues with github itself, and testing has
> already begun. I would like to release the current svn version, so we
> can try to use the github version for development.

I agree that we should not make such a change so close to a release.
Unless any of the patches you talked about address serious problems, I
would also hold off on those.

In future, will there be issues with keeping the web-accessible
GetComponents script up-to-date automatically from the github repo?

ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de