[Users] GetComponents Patch

Eric Seidel eric at eseidel.org
Wed Nov 3 14:49:22 CDT 2010

> I agree that we should not make such a change so close to a release.  Unless any of the patches you talked about address serious problems, I would also hold off on those.

Ok that's fine, I'll wait until the release has been completed to apply the patches.

> In future, will there be issues with keeping the web-accessible GetComponents script up-to-date automatically from the github repo?

No, GitHub supports post-commit hooks to take care of that. For example, I have a simple PHP script on my
website that downloads the current version of GetComponents when it is pinged by GitHub. The current master
version will always be available at https://github.com/gridaphobe/GetComponents/raw/master/GetComponents
as well.

Eric