[Users] [Commits] [svn:einsteintoolkit] ADMMacros/trunk/src/macro/ (Rev. 107)

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Fri Nov 5 02:41:45 CDT 2010

On 4 Nov 2010, at 23:55, diener at cct.lsu.edu wrote:

> User: diener
> Date: 2010/11/04 05:55 PM
>
> Modified:
> /trunk/src/macro/
>  DXYDG_undefine.h
>
> Log:
> Undefine the guts instead of the declare. This bug has been there
> since the
> beginning and showed up when using ADM with the leapfrog scheme
> using a
> predictor-corrector step at the first iteration. The source code to
> calculate
> the second derivative of the matric with respect to x and y was not
> included
> in the pre-processed source code for the corrector step, resulting
> in the
> value calculated for the last point in the predictor step was used for
> all grid points. This lead to wrong results that depended on the
> number
> of processors used, since different values where used on different
> processors.

Good catch!  Does this mean that the testsuite results were wrong all
along, and now have to be regenerated?  Before this fix, the
test_ADM_2 test passed on 1 but not 2 processes, and after the fix it
fails on both.

What other codes would have been affected?  For example, BSSN_MoL?

Again I repeat my call for correctness tests in addition to regression
tests...

ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de