[Users] Meeting minutes

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Thu Nov 4 09:20:52 CDT 2010

Hi,

It's Thursday and we agreed on Monday to try to get the testsuites in
shape until yesterday, so here is the current status:

The following testsuites which failed on Monday now pass:

test_waveell
test_binary_1
gw3d_McLachlan_ord4_*

This means that one some machines (e.g. the philip cluster at LSU or the
numrel workstations at LSU with the intel compiler, but possibly also
more machines once the tests are rerun) we have no failing testsuites
for 1-process runs.

However, there are still some issues:

- most of the AHFinderDirect testsuites fail on 2 processes
- some of the GRHydro testsuites fail on some machines, possibly
  especially on machines not using the intel compiler.
  This is especially bad because that affects Ranger and Kraken,
  the two largest machines on the TeraGrid.
- test_ADM_2 fails on two processors

All of the above already have volunteers working on them, but we
don't yet have a volunteer for the following:

- the DistortedBHIVP fails on half of the machines, also possibly
  connected to the compiler used

Please reply to this message if you can try to help with this.

Did anybody see build problems? I am especially asking because of known
(hopefully past) problems with Formaline and/or libjpeg.

Frank Loeffler