[Users] Meeting minutes

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Tue Nov 2 07:08:26 CDT 2010

Meeting minutes:

Present were: Ian, Tanja, Roland, Frank, Christian, Peter, Gabrielle,
Eloisa, Bruno, Josh

* GRHydro:
** a development branch to add finite-temperature evolution was created
in order to keep trunk stable for the release
** temp_and_ent_evolution_method will be renamed to
temperature_evolution_method

* Testsuites:
** we suspect that failures of MacLachlan testsuites might be related to
OpenMP settings and numerical accuracy
** for now we will remove the Hamiltonian constraint from the testsuite
** in the future we want per variable tolerances
** Peter and Eloisa will look into the failing AHFinderDirect testsuites
** Peter will look into the failing ADM testsuite
** Roland will look into why some GRHydro testsuites fail

*upcoming ET release:
** name: Chandrasekhar
** Ian will create git tags for the release (Kranc, Carpet, MacLachlan?)
** Frank will create svn tags for the release
** will have to look into build issues with libjpeg (might already be
resolved by now)

*future ET release:
** simfactory should be able to run the testsuites
** run testsuites using OpenMP
** per variable tolerances
** use EOS_Omni in GRHydro, remove one+ EOS interface
** create a tarball with the complete checkout for easier download by
new users