[Users] Error when configuring ThornList qc0_blackhole

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Nov 5 14:47:13 CDT 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 06:24:22PM +0000, Sheler, Stephen Andrew wrote:
> CST error 1:
> -> Configuration script for thorn LORENE returned exit code 1
>     Error message: 'Error while building LORENE.   Aborting.'

Based on the log you have send me, this is a problem with the installed
'xargs' program (which does not understand the -i option).

There is a workaround for that problem, currently in the development
version of the Einstein Toolkit:

https://svn.cactuscode.org/projects/ExternalLibraries/LORENE/trunk/

You have now the option of
a) switching to that version of LORENE
   To do that:
   - chdir into the LORENE directory
   - note your current URL:
     svn info | grep URL
   - change the repository location (replace URL by whatever was
     displayed with the previous command), all on one line:
     svn switch --relocate URL
        http://svn.cactuscode.org/projects/ExternalLibraries/LORENE/trunk
   - svn update
   - recompile
b) a quick and dirty hack of replacing '-i' by '-I ' (not portable, but
   should work for you)
c) waiting until a new version of the Einstein Toolkit it released
   which will include this workaround. This should happen within one
   or at maximum two weeks.

Frank Loeffler