[Users] [knarf at cct.lsu.edu: Temporary cactuscode domain names]

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Sat Nov 27 06:57:53 CST 2010

----- Forwarded message from Frank Loeffler <knarf at cct.lsu.edu> -----

To: users at cactuscode.org

Hi,

IT-support has informed us that it is very likely that the current status
will _at best_ be resolved on the coming Monday.

The current status is: the cactuscode.org domain got registered by someone else,
and is now pointing to someplace else. Subdomains like svn.cactuscode.org do not
seem to exist and would probably also not point to the 'right' place. We don't
yet know why this happend, and who to blame. In addition, Murphy struck on one
of the worst days of the year: the Friday of the long thanksgiving weekend.

Work has to continue, so I registered some temporary domain names which
now point to the two most important places, the web pages and the repositories:

http://cactuscode.dyndns.org
http://svn-cactuscode.dyndns.org

The web pages will be updated with future status changes of this issue.

One important piece of our infrastructure is not yet up and running at the
moment: the mailing lists. Due to their complexity I don't think it is likely
that there will be a temporary redirect or similar. In the meantime, feel free
to join the Cactus IRC channel:

  #cactus on irc.oftc.net archive: https://svn-cactuscode.dyndns.org/irc-logs/
  longer description of IRC: http://einsteintoolkit.org/info/support/

We are sorry for the inconvenience,