[Users] Meeting minutes

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Tue Nov 30 09:26:05 CST 2010

Meeting minutes:

Present were: Tanja, Roland, Frank, Erik, Bruno, Josh, Ian, Peter, Eloisa

- GRHydro coordination (EOS/MHD)
   will merge "easy" MHD and HD functions (things other than
con2prim/prim2con)
- EOS_Omni and other EOS interfaces
   request users to update their thorns/parameter files to use EOS_Omni
since EOS_Base support will go away
- Define goals for next release and make them priority:
   - hg Carpet         ?
     needs some work on the mask (weights) which is currently wrong in
concave corners
   - Python Simfactory ?
     will be included
   - per-variable tolerances for Cactus testsuites ?
     * separate tests into regression tests (specific to each machine)
and correctness tests
     * automate regression tests and run at set intervals rather then
only before releases
     * (some minutes are missing since we had a fire alarm, please feel
free to fill these in)
   - use OpenMP for testsuites
     will be used in the future
   - create testsuites using McLachlan from BSSN_MoL testsuites
     Peter will look into this (but it will take a while)