[Users] Optional capabilities

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Tue Nov 30 15:44:01 CST 2010

On 30 Nov 2010, at 21:21, Erik Schnetter wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Ian Hinder <ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de> wrote:
>
> [schnipp]
>
>> Of course!  I was confused about this, but you're right, it should work OK that way.  Given that it is safe for all thorns to include cctk_Capabilities.h, should we just include it in cctk.h for all thorns?
>
> Yes, I think this would be good. I don't see any real advantage in
> introducing another user-level include file (but this is a question of
> taste).

The attached patch implements the things we have discussed.  An appropriate commit message would be:

Improve optional capability requirement

* Introduce makefile and preprocessor variables HAVE_CAPABILITY_<cap> for each provided capability

* Remove incorrect definition line

* Rename cctki_Capabilities.h to cctk_Capabilities.h and exclude it from dependency checking (dependencies of the files included from this one will be sufficient)
<<<

ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de