[Users] Question: odd compilation failure

Richard O'Shaughnessy oshaughn at gravity.phys.uwm.edu
Fri Oct 15 07:03:29 CDT 2010

Hello,

While setting up a local cluster, I've run into a problem I just don't understand when compiling.   It seems that the compiler's not finding <math.h>!  (for one program, at least)  To this point, the compilation procedure has proceeded without trouble; I've successfully compiled on other machines.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

-Richard

PS: for reference, the compilation is below

[oshaughn at hydra Cactus]$ ./simfactory/sim build --thornlist=manifest/einsteintoolkit.th  --optionlist=simfactory/optionlists/hydra.cfg
</cut>
Checking status of thorn LoopControl
Preprocessing /home/oshaughn/Numerical/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/LoopControl/src/wavetoy-loopcontrol.c
Compiling /home/oshaughn/Numerical/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/LoopControl/src/wavetoy-loopcontrol.c
/home/oshaughn/Numerical/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/LoopControl/src/wavetoy-loopcontrol.c: In function 'lc_demo':
/home/oshaughn/Numerical/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/LoopControl/src/wavetoy-loopcontrol.c:183: error: 'M_PI' undeclared (first use in this function)
/home/oshaughn/Numerical/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/LoopControl/src/wavetoy-loopcontrol.c:183: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/home/oshaughn/Numerical/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/LoopControl/src/wavetoy-loopcontrol.c:183: error: for each function it appears in.)

Richard O'Shaughnessy							oshaughn at gravity.phys.uwm.edu
462 Physics Building								Phone: 414 229 6674
Center for Gravitation and Cosmology
University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53211