[Users] Question: odd compilation failure

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Oct 15 09:44:23 CDT 2010

Richard

There are several dialects of C, and several common extensions. It
turns out that M_PI is not part of the core C standard, but only of
the POSIX standard. This doesn't mean much in practice, since POSIX
(basically Unix) is available on all common systems. Your problem here
is that your compiler, by default, doesn't enable POSIX.

What compiler and what version are you using? We have figured out what
compiler options enable POSIX for most systems, so this may be easy to
do.

-erik

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/