[Users] simulationfactory issue?

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Oct 15 13:08:32 CDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Richard O'Shaughnessy
<oshaughn at gravity.phys.uwm.edu> wrote:
> Helloall,
> After a seemingly successful compile, I tried a simple single-cpu run (using
> generic.sh submission) on my cluster head node.   I believe this
> installation is the release version; the only changes have been to the
> optionlist and udb.pm.  A similar configuration works on other machines
> (i.e, my laptop, albeit with svn rather than release versions), but for some
> reason not here.  It's not creating the simulations directory at all.
> Thoughts?

> --- command-line
> [oshaughn at hydra Cactus]$ ./simfactory/sim create-submit static_tov
> --parfile=par/static_tov.par --procs=1 --walltime=8:0:0
>
> Simulation Factory:
> Configuration name(s) not specified -- using default configuration "sim"
> Uncaught exception from user code:
>         Configuration "sim" contains no executable at ./simfactory/sim line
> 5216.
>  at ./simfactory/sim line 5216
>         main::get_executable() called at ./simfactory/sim line 1883
>         main::command_create('static_tov') called at ./simfactory/sim line
> 2955
>         main::command_create_submit('static_tov') called at ./simfactory/sim
> line 452

Richard

The error message "no executable" indicates that your build didn't
complete. There are probably problems with your compiler or linker
options.

- All Cactus executables are stored in Cactus's "exe" directories.
What does "ls exe" say?
- Did you specify a different name for your configuration while
building? If so, you need to use the --configuration=... option when
submitting the simulation.
- If you use the --debug or --profile flag while building, you also
need to specify it while submitting a simulation, since you'll need to
use the debugging or profiling executable.

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/