[Users] Problems when opening Visit

Sheler, Stephen Andrew sheler1 at live.marshall.edu
Fri Oct 15 14:27:55 CDT 2010

Hello,
I have a question concerning the opening of Visit and trying to visualize the wave toy demo there. I am following the instructions on configuring Mac OS X for Cactus. After compiling HDF5, I opened Visit and ran the file phi.h5 and this warning was shown...

If this is not a Pixie file, you can manually select the correct file format reader when opening the file, set the correct reader as a preferred plugin, disable the Pixie plugin, or request that the developers of the Pixie plugin add code to distinguish your file from one of theirs.

how do set the correct reader?

one more thing, if I ignore the warning i can visualize but i have the following error
HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.8.4) thread 0:
  #000: H5G.c line 397 in H5Gopen2(): unable to open group
    major: Symbol table
    minor: Can't open object

I would appreciate your help with these problems,

Stephen Sheler